Admission testing is required for all new students, preschool through eighth grade as follows:
- Students entering grades PS and PK: interview with the Head of School.
- Students entering Kindergarten: an orientation with readiness testing.
- Students entering 1st through 8th grade: math and reading testing.
The following documents are required (if applicable) at the time of testing:
- Report Cards from previous schools
- Evaluation (ER) or Reevaluation Reports (RR)
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- 504 plan
- Disciplinary Records.
Testing results will be evaluated by an admissions team. The Head of School will contact parents/guardians with the results. A student whose academic or social-emotional needs exceed a regular classroom may be denied admission. All admissions are offered on a 30 day probationary period to determine if the school can meet the academic, social and emotional needs of the student.
Student Age Requirements
- Preschool - Must be 3 years of age by September 30, 2017
- PreKindergarten - Must be 4 years of age by September 30, 2017
- Kindergarten - Must be 5 years of age by September 30, 2017
- This formula continues for the remaining grades.
To Apply for Admission
Submit Registration or Re-Registration Application form, along with the appropriate fee, to the school office at:
- St. Stephen's Episcopal School 215 North Front Street Harrisburg, PA 17101-1407
Please note that the fee must accompany the application form in order to reserve a spot for the upcoming year.